Conference weekend has brought such joy in my life. It has reconfirmed my faith in my Heavenly Father and his plan for me. I still wonder why I received the answer that I did to keep Jacee as I listened to Elder Oak's talk about the Proclamation to the Family. Jacee had the right to be born inside the bonds of matrimony. I was judged harshly for not giving her this gift. To this day, I don't know why I received the answer to keep her. I know that she is a precious gift from my Heavenly Father and I know without a doubt we are where we are supposed to be.
1. I am grateful for personal revelation! We don't have to take a General Authorities word; we have the right to get down on our knees and ask if his/her words are correct. I love this! It helps us to know the will of the Father. It is important for us to be able to receive revelation from our Heavenly Father.
2. I am grateful to know that there is a Prophet on the Earth today that receives guidance from our Savior Jesus Christ. He guides and directs his church. He will not let anyone lead us astray.
3. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon. I know that by reading this book each and every day we can come closer to our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. We will develop a Christ like love. This Book has a spirit like no other book on earth. It is the divine doctrine of Jesus Christ.
4. I am grateful for the opportunity that I had to take Jacee & Aiden to the Phoenix Zoo. We had a great time looking at the animals. I think they loved playing in the splash pad and riding the carousel the most. I need to do more with them. They need to know how special they are and how important they are in my life. I love being a mom and an aunt.
5. I am grateful for my nephew, William Patrick Scott. His birthday was this past week. He turned 13 years old. I can't believe how time flies. I wish we lived a little closer to be able to go watch him play football. He is an awesome example to his brothers, sister and cousins.
6. I am grateful for the community that I live in. A little girl went missing on Friday and our community rallied together to pass out flyers, share facebook messages and even roam the streets to look for her. We didn't question if the police were doing enough; we all had a common goal and that was to bring the girl home safely. This happened! Our prayers were answered.
7. I am grateful for the opportunity to teach others about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love my Primary Class. However, I need to become better in many ways. I need to become a better witness and live his Gospel to the fullest. I need to be kinder, happier and full of love for my fellow men.
No comments:
Post a Comment