This week has been a challenging week as I have started a new position with the Florence Unified School District as a 3rd Grade teacher at Florence K-8. This means new routines for Jacee. Change has been hard for her this year; as we have changed schools, wards, houses and locations. She misses Lakeside and our old ward. She asks quite often if we can go back. I'm in the middle of deciding on what to do; do I leave Jacee @ Keller or do I move us both to Florence? We have a lot of challenges our way on deciding what to do....
1. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers. Only through personal revelation can we navigate through the mist of darkness and overcome our trials. We need to have faith in the Lord and his plan for us. #bearighteouswomanoffaith
2. I am grateful for General Conference and the messages that our General Authorities have for us. We missed President Thomas S. Monson at the Women's Session. I hope we get to see him next week. I look forward to this weekend every six months. We need a spiritual recharge to help us grow and become the person we need to be.
3. I am grateful for the scriptures. Every time I read the scriptures I learn something new. It is important for us to read them daily as now the Prophet, many Stake Presidents, and Bishops have asked us to do so.
4. I am grateful for a Bishop who has been patient and understanding with me. I have had some great talks and been inspired to become better. I have set goals and look forward to next month. I am excited to continue to grow and learn in the gospel. We always need someone to help us to stay focus on what is important.
5. I am grateful for the opportunity to teach primary. Today, I taught about the Thirteen Articles of Faith. It is important for us to memorize these as they are a basis for a testimony and an easy way to explain the gospel to others. I love my class!
6. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn the primary songs for the Primary Program. I have come to love a few of the songs. I love that Jacee has learned to love these songs too. We listen to a different one each night of the week.
7. I am grateful for this great Nation that we live in and for the Religious Freedom that we have. We are able to congregate together and worship as we please. I wish more people would understand what Freedoms we really do have. I have lived in a country where the government or another religion dictates how you should worship, when and where to work, what you should study and become. In the United States of America, we are able to freely choose each and everyone of these things. #GodBlesstheUnitedStates
No comments:
Post a Comment