These past two weeks have been interesting. I have seen the Lord's hand play apart of my life in many ways. I can't even explain how many blessings I have received in the past 3 weeks and continue to receive them everyday. I know without a doubt that our Heavenly Father knows us very personally and is able to help us when we need it. All we need to do is ask and let him into our lives.
1. I am grateful for family. Especially, my sisters and mother, they have helped me move up to Lakeside, Arizona. Each one of them have taken time out of their schedule to come and help make my apartment a home for Jacee and I.
2. I am thankful for cousins who are willing to help out when needed. Jace and Linsday have invited Jacee and I over to their house every Sunday for family dinner. I am also grateful for Brett and Susie Brinkerhoff who have continued to help us with this transition. They have offered furniture and many other things. Jacee misses her best friend Weston! They had so much fun playing over Fall Break.
3. These last few weeks, I have had the opportunity to study the United States Constitution and have learned a great deal about Religious Freedom in the classroom that I didn't know before. I have also have gained a greater respect for the men who wrote this document and know without a doubt that the hand of the Lord was apart of this great gift given to the United States of America. I encourage everyone to take a class on the Constitution and be amazed at what it truly has to offer us!!!
4. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to teach the 16-18 year old Sunday School Class. As our Stake President said today in Stake Conference, these young men and woman are class unto themselves. They truly think about others needs before themselves. They have a desire to be on the Lord's errand and to serve others with all their heart, mind and soul!
5. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a teacher at Seven Mile Elementary School, I have learned so much in the past 8 weeks of school, and want to continue to learn so much more. I hope to keep pace with the rigorous schedule that is a head for my students. I love them with all my heart. Even when a parent accused me of only being there for the pay check. I truly do want what is best for them!!!
6. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to read with Jacee each night. She amazes me each and every day! She has almost 4 books completely memorized! When she picks up "Brown Bear" and "Cats Colors", it is almost as she is reading it page for page. I love it!
7. I am also grateful to be able to read scriptures and say prayers with this little girl. She amazes me with her prayers and who she wants to bless every night. We also listen to her favorite songs each and every night, "Follow the Prophet", "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam", and "I am a Child of God". It is so awesome how much she really does understand about the Gospel. I can't wait to see how much she will grow this next year when she enters into Sunbeams!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment