Monday, July 8, 2013

Seven after Sunday

1. Congratulations to my brother & sister-in-law on their 12th Anniversary!!!  Their family has grown in more ways than one....Chris graduated from Drake Law School in May and has been accepted to a 4th year of Law at Georgetown University.  Karen continues to be a stay at home mom and is an instructor at the local YMCA.  They have 4 boys and 1 girl that totally keep them on their toes....William (8), Annmarie (7), Jeffrey (6), Jed (4) and Henry (1)!!!

2.  The month of July has so many good memories of visiting my Grandpa Jones in Utah....we would sit out on the front porch swing and eat watermelon from his garden, watch the parade pass by and at night launch fireworks on the 4th, pluse, there were several trips to the Manti Pageant and fish hatchery, and you can never forget the experience of feeding a calf with a bottle!!! He was extremely proud of each and everyone of his grandchildren. He was always excited when one of us were about to leave on a mission, graduate from college, get married or have children of our own....


3. Freedom....do we really know what that is anymore?  Many people believe freedom is a free handout....Really?  I always remember the days from the MTC when I received lessons on the welfare of the church and the quote that stands out the most:  If you give a man a fish, he has a meal for a day....If you teach a man how to fish, he has a meal for a lifetime!!!

4. Freedom....I love the ability to choose what I want to be, where I want to go, whom I am friends with and what church I belong to!  Freedom is a gift from God!!!  I love being an American Citizen and having the privileges & responsibilities that come a long with that...

5. Love....I can't believe how you don't know what true love is all about until you are married or have a child of your own!  When you are willing to sacrifice everything you have for that one person...it is definately one of the greatest feelings in the world!  It is important that we remember we are truly Children of a Heavenly Father who loves US!!!

6. Love....this reminds me of the Relief Society lesson we had on Sunday about Charity!  Is it a coincidence that the theme for Relief Society is Charity Never Faileth?  Charity is the Pure Love of Christ....we must be able to love ourselves for who we are and forgive ourselves for the mistakes we have made in order to truly love our neighbors as thyself! How can we learn to love others if we don't like or love ourselves?

7. These past couple of weeks have been totally crazy at work!  I have received several compliments and Thank You's from several customers....I love my job, however, I am extremely excited for both of my interviews on Wednesday (Judicial Clerk with Maricopa County and Managerial Class with Enterprise)  I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment