1. My New Goal: From Sister Falabella, wife of Elder Enrique R Falabella: To Contend, You need two people & her motto is: "In order to contend, you need two people, & I will never be one of them." Yes, I need to work on not being so contentious in my life! I think if I really thought about the conversations and did my part, I would be a lot happier....
2. I want to encourage Jacee to love music because "A Child Who Sings Is A Happy Child." How touching is it to hear the song of a little one who has been taught by his or her parent to sing, "I am a Child of God."
3. The Temple is the Place: "Set a Goal to get married in the temple, only the temple can declare you, "Husband & Wife for Time & All Eternity." In the Celestial Glory there are three heavens or degrees, "And in order to obtain the highest a man must enter into this order of the Priesthood."
4. It is not enough to know the scriptures, we have to live them. Those who live the Celestial Principles found in the scriptures give comfort to those who suffer, they bring joy to those who are depressed, direction to those who are lost, peace to those who are distressed, and asure guidance to those who seek the truth.
5. The Words We Speak, "One of the greatest influences a person can have in the world is to influence a child, Children's beliefs and self-worth are shaped early in their lives. We can learn from that voice from Heaven. It was not loud, scolding, or demeaning, it was a still small voice of perfect mildness, giving firm direction while giving hope. How we speak to our children & the words we use can encourage & uplift them & strengthen their faith to stay on the path back to Heavenly Father. They come to this earth ready to listen.
6. Pray to know your Child's needs: to speak to a child's heart, we must know a child's needs. If we pray to know those needs, the very words we say may have the power to reach into their hearts. Our efforts are magnified when we seek the direction of the Holy Ghost. The answer to our prayer of how to meet our children's needs maybe more often to technologically disconnect. Precious moments of opportunity to interact and converse with our children dissolve when we are occupied with distractions.
7. I know that this week seems very Churchy....I love when I go to church and the Sacrament Talks, Sunday School & Relief Society Lessons all seem to be answers to your prayers for the struggles you are having. Yes, I struggle every day to stay active & to keep my testimony strong. I am a very curious person and I know what my weaknesses are... I have bad days and I have good days! I am very grateful for those who have stuck by me....

No comments:
Post a Comment